Become a Subscriber or Member
Personal Leadership Association 1992 + Patriotism in Action 2001…
The Institute focuses on research, publication, service. The Association is for people to receive publications and participate in programs/events
To enjoy and benefit from:
- Continuous improvement of your plan, development, and results
- Learning more of personal leadership and professional development
- Plan for 7 Areas of Life
- Meet people who value planning, personal leadership, patriotism…
- Be a part of something bigger than we are contributing to society
Members benefit from options of:
- Announcements of news, progress, plans
- Invitations to attend events
- Opportunity to participate in program
- Opportunity to influence plans
- Charitable giving credit
If outside our geographic region or unable to attend, you can still subscribe:
- Read journal articles
- Receive mailings with information and inspiration
- Read, use, download publications
- Support education, patriotism, citizenship, public service!
Member donations support:
- Seminars, meetings, printing, supplies, refreshments at events…
- Free online resources
- Programs we offer to schools, communities, and organizations
- Support of volunteers
- Support of professional services (grants support most staff cost)
Options to donate:
- Suggested annual membership donation of at least $25 per individual and $50 per family.
- $12 per year is used by subscribers who want to support though may not be able to participate often.
- Set up an easy nominal amount to donate such as $5 per month to make your support sustainable–use PayPal or your bank. Any amount you choose to donate can be done online through PayPal (most banks also offer this option). PayPal should notify Life Leaders of your donation. Be sure to include your email address so we can send news.
If you want to contribute in other ways than financial, we welcome volunteerism at events and introducing us to individuals, communities, foundations, and leaders who may be looking for an organization like us to support work like ours. If you want to do something or have an idea: (205)670-1733 or David@LifeLeadersInstitute.org.
Take Action. Have an Impact.
Support Life Leaders with an Easy,
Tax-deductible Suggested Donation Yearly or Monthly!
Student or Subscriber—$12
Monthly donation of $5 per month
I use PayPal regularly with confidenceKyle Crider, member and webmaster
and can assist you to make a donation online or mail.
email@example.com or (205)306-5811
Or, find more giving level options on the the Donate Page
Life Leaders Donor – one year, $100
Life Leaders Co-Sponsor – one year, $250
Life Leaders Sponsor – one year, $500
Life Leaders Patron – one year, $1,000
Or, if you prefer mail:
Life Leaders Association
354 County Road 33 / Calera, Alabama 35040
About the Association
The beginnings of Life Leaders Institute began in 1988 after David completed doctoral studies in educational leadership and returned to professional practice in Alabama. Some of the clients and students in corporate training, public seminars, retreats and workshops, and coaching wanted an ongoing opportunity to learn, plan, and improve with like-minded people plus the option to attend evenings with family and friends.
The Personal Leadership Association started in 1991 as an interest group by David Dyson and Johnny Johnson, then founded as the Personal Leadership Association of America in 1992. We hosted seminars and meetings monthly in the evenings for 25 years.
Learned. Planned. Improved. Enjoyed. Met many nice and interesting people. Presented lots of civic club talks and taught college courses to expand impact. We hosted three National Leadership Conferences featuring Dr. Stephen Covey’s first lecture in Alabama, Dr. Ken Blanchard, and other authors.
After the “911” attacks on America, we felt called to expand and advance Patriotism in Action, Personal Leadership for Patriots, and Professionalism Under Stress through volunteer Association events and Institute research and publication. We taught ways to develop ourselves into better citizens to make a better country and we added another level of public service.
After 25 years, starting 2017, we sponsor our own programs part of the time and support other organizations. Examples including partnering or supporting the Alabama National Cemetery, Alabama Money Expo, National Veterans Day, and Southern Museum of Flight. We have met often as Life Leaders at Lunch instead of after 5 and special events range from patriotic holidays to leadership programs. Members can attend Life Leaders Ranch Day events for students, teachers, and mentors–helping them plan and develop in a farm setting with animals.
We invite you to participate, benefit, and support a great mission with participation, planning and action.
You must be logged in to post a comment.