Education, events, and personal enrichment experiences hosted at an animal sanctuary and organic farm to support our callings to help people with planning for life, personal leadership, and patriotism in action…
Students and teachers in Camp Rockhurst (students from Rosedale) meet American Patriot (Morgan Horse) and Dr. David Dyson, who provided a few lessons on basic horsemanship. Students sat on a horse, photo taken, courage and experience added, discussed personal leadership and plans for life improved…
“I cannot thank you enough for the sacrifice of your time and money to make an impact on our campers. They loved it!!!! We all did. Your entire team (humans and animals) were amazing and the day was magical!!! What a blessing it was indeed.”
Founder, Camp Rockhurst, and Executive Creative Director, Devote Studio
Programs and Services
- Life Leaders Ranch Day (students) (see photo album on Facebook) or see Pinterest Board (Ranch Day for Camp Rockhurst)
- School class visits, classes, seminars, day camps
- School administrators and/or teachers planning, team building…
- College student classes, seminars, workshops
- College administrators and/or faculty team planning, team building…
- Coaching for executives, teams, and individuals served by nonprofits
- Customized topics to provide on site or at your school or organization: Plan for School, College, Profession; Best-Self Leadership, Leadership Lessons Learned from Horses; Environmental Leadership, Sustainable Agriculture
- Freedom Fence for Your Cats and Dogs: photos, info on materials, web page, presentations on why and how. Freedom Fence not only protects your pets from predators and dangers like cars on roads, it protects wildlife from your pets (cats kill over a billion birds every year).
- Life Leaders is nonprofit providing educational programs and supporting public service protecting animals, but does not own land. Events are hosted at Triple D Ranch and Farm.
Camp Rockhurst student meets a horse for the first time. In a completely safe way, he transformed from a state of fear to courage while smiling. Next time, he will be more likely to not let fear keep him from trying.
Principles and Practices
- Animal sanctuary for horses, donkeys, dogs, cats, ducks, deer, and other wildlife
- Work and play with people to have purpose
- Practice Love ’em and Lead ’em Leadership (natural horsemanship)
- Advocate adoption and no-kill shelters except for mercy euthanasia
- Support honored tradition and meaning of riderless horses at Veterans Day
Camp Rockhurst kids head to the barn, pond, and walking trail…
- Students learning about and working with animals develop fitness, responsibility, education, courage, and instinctive personal leadership
- People seeking to Master Goliaths can plan, renew, and begin action
- Veterans Making Comebacks can heal better connecting with animals
- People with “moral injury” can recover with personal leadership better in nature with animals
- People often treat other people and animals about the same when no one is looking so teaching higher levels of animal care and rights also helps human behavior and relationships in society.
Events at host Triple D Ranch or your location.
Dr. Dyson visited two sections of the University of Montevallo’s “Environment and Society” class to lecture on “Agricultural Sustainability and Personal Environmental Leadership.” Please feel free to use the following resources and share them with others!
- Agricultural Sustainability and Personal Environmental Leadership Planbook (PDF)
- Agricultural Sustainability and Personal Environmental Leadership slides (PowerPoint/pptx format)
- Agricultural Sustainability and Personal Environmental Leadership slides (PDF)
- What I Would Do: Student Wilson Operationalizes Personal Leadership (video)
- What I Would Do: Student Cockrell Operationalizes Personal Leadership (video)
- Seminars or guest-speaking in university classes
- Seminars at Triple D Ranch and Farm (location of plants and animals)
Principles and Practices
- Grow fruits and vegetables organically using space at Triple D Farm
- Teach classes on Sustainable Agriculture & Environmental Leadership
Uses of Food Grown
- Feed animals naturally grown foods
- Feed wildlife
- Donate food to veterans in homeless shelters
- Show and share food grown with students in lectures and classes.