Education and Events to help people start or improve Plans for Life and sense of purpose…in a farm and ranch setting–plus options with activities with animals
Students and teachers in Camp Rockhurst meet Patriot (Morgan Horse) and Dr. David Dyson, who provided a brief clinic on horses.
I cannot thank you enough for the sacrifice of your time and money to make an impact on our campers. They loved it!!!! We all did. Your entire team (humans and animals) were amazing and the day was magical!!! What a blessing it was indeed.
~Terry Slaughter, Founder, Camp Rockhurst, and Executive Creative Director, Devote Studio
Programs and Services
- Life Leaders Ranch Day (students) (see photo album on Facebook) or see Pinterest Board (Ranch Day for Camp Rockhurst)
- School class visits, camps, seminars
- School administrators and/or teachers planning, team building…
- College student classes, seminars, workshops
- College administrators and/or faculty team planning, team building…
- Coaching for executives, teams, and individuals served by nonprofits
- Customized topics from: Plan for School, College, Profession, Team, Organization; Best-Self Leadership, Leadership Lessons Learned from Horses; Environmental Leadership, Sustainable Agriculture
- Life Leaders is nonprofit supporting programs. Events are hosted at Triple D Ranch and Farm.
Principles and Practices
- Animal sanctuary
- Work and play with people to have purpose
- Advocate adoption and no-kill shelters except for mercy euthanasia
- Support honored tradition and meaning of riderless horses
- Practice Love ’em and Lead ’em Leadership
- Students learning about and working with animals develop fitness, responsibility, education, courage, and instinctive leadership that also helps them with people
- People seeking to Master Goliaths can plan, renew, and begin action
- Veterans Making Comebacks can heal faster connecting with animals
- People with physical or moral injury can recover with personal leadership better in nature with animals
- People often treat other people and animals about the same when no one is looking so teaching higher levels of animal rights also helps human behavior and relationships in society.
Events at host Triple D Ranch or your location.
On March 18 and 19, Dr. Dyson visited two sections of the University of Montevallo’s Environment and Society class to lecture on “Agricultural Sustainability and Personal Environmental Leadership.” Please feel free to use the following resources and share them with others!
- Agricultural Sustainability and Personal Environmental Leadership Planbook (PDF)
- Agricultural Sustainability and Personal Environmental Leadership slides (PowerPoint/pptx format)
- Agricultural Sustainability and Personal Environmental Leadership slides (PDF)
- What I Would Do: Student Wilson Operationalizes Personal Leadership (video)
- What I Would Do: Student Cockrell Operationalizes Personal Leadership (video)
- Seminars or guest-speaking in university classes
- Seminars at Triple D Ranch and Farm (location of plants and animals)
Principles and Practices
- Grow fruits and vegetables organically using space at Triple D Ranch and Farm
- Teach college classes on Sustainable Agriculture and Environmental Leadership
Uses of Food Grown
- Feed horses and donkeys naturally grown foods
- Donated food to veterans in homeless shelters
- Show and share food grown with students in lectures and classes.