When people set resolutions, typically at new year, one of the “Top 3” focuses on Financial Life. Spring is for many “tax time” and a good chance to assess plans and results, plus improve if you envision better results such as security and freedom.
We created the Financial Fitness Planbook to provide a brief, easy-to-use, and high impact tool you can print from the web site to use on your own or, better, learn to use at a seminar and/or in coaching. We looked at a few national resources and asked a few financial coaches what questions they ask and advice they give, considered the best we found, and edited our work to provide you and others with a compressed tool you can use and share with others.
Melvin has a calling to help people plan, assess, and improve their financial lives. Life Leaders is helping him with his “voice” and more people to get tools to use. David
- Melvin’s Top 25 question “checkup” he has used for years with financial planning clients has been improved and a page of intro has been added
- Plan sheet I outlined to provide you with a template to answer key questions that should improve your insight, plan, and action.
- Title Page
- Notes page for the Seminar
- Coaching for your Financial Fitness Check up
- Your Financial Fitness Check up
- Coaching for improving your Financial Fitness Plan
- Your Financial Fitness and Freedom Plan
- About the Authors and Life Leaders Institute
The Financial Fitness Checkup takes less than seven minutes to complete, but if it helps you identify just one gap in your financial well-being AND you can TAKE ACTION to correct that gap, it may be a valuable, even crucial, 7 minutes. I hope you complete the checkup and correct gaps to enrich your finances and your overall well-being. When helping people as a financial consultant, I generally find most individuals are in one of three stages of financial fitness.
The first stage is the Survival Stage in which an individual is still getting his or her financial life in order. Many in this stage have too much debt, little or no savings, and have not taken action to protect the assets they do have.
The second stage is the Fitness Stage. By actions they have taken, they have control of their debts, are making significant investment in retirement and other savings, and have taken many of the steps to get their financial house in order. This stage is critical because it allows an individual to move toward the most important stage of financial well-being, which is the Financial Freedom Stage.
Financial Freedom not only allows you to take control of your finances, but also allows you more time freedom to take actions on what is most important to your family, community, and you. This could mean you could take your career in a different direction including getting a more satisfying job, go into a completely new field, become an entrepreneur, or work from home. – Melvin
- Link to the Financial Fitness PlanBook on the website to read or print to use.
- Attend the Alabama Money Expo in Birmingham, May 20, 8 a.m. – 1 p.m. to hear Melvin present Financial Planning Workshops and more free events. If you plan to attend or have questions, Melvin.Smith@me.com
- Subscribe to DrDavid Blog for articles, quotations, best practices for 7 callings
- Subscribe to Life Leaders Blog
- See Life Leaders web: www.LifeLeadersInstitute.org
- Find something new or faster or give us feedback and ideas: Info@LifeLeadersInstitute.org
- Read or Print Publications below and more for Use by You and Groups